Saturday, November 22, 2008

Opposition

I have just had a couple of thoughts this week. WE have been so excited for Spencer during the week. He has had numerous interviews and newspaper articles written about him. We have enjoyed reading them and have felt the support of family and friends. Anyway, yesterday it came out that he was fined $5,000 for a leg whip, ( what the he-- is that?) At first I was angry because he wasn't penalized for the play, but then I realized that there isn't anything I can do about it so that is that. As a mother we try to take on our children's problems. We try to take away their pain, their dissapointments, their trials. I know when I was in labor with Candi, my Mom came to the hospital and came in the room when I was in severe pain. She was begging the nurses to help me. I finally had to tell them to get her out because it was upsetting me that she was seeing me in pain. I have a good friend that I talk to every month. I was telling him about my problems with my children and he said, "Teri, you have to let your children walk their own pathway. Whatever that may be, this is their life and they have their agency to do what they want." So here I am trying to stay out as much as possible and be a support when I can. All I can say about life is, "It is what it is, and it is painful."

2 comments:

Alishia said...

$5,000?? Are you kidding? Your family just can't catch a break, can they?

My mom always says that you never stop worrying about your kids, you just add more kids when they marry and then add grandkids. She is so right!!

Larsens said...

i know... its terrible! i was so mad... but i tried not to make a big deal out of it because spence was already pretty distraught about it. and i dont want him to stop playing physical because he is worried that he going to get fined. but at least he got a chance to play linebacker! we wouldve paid 5000 for him to get his shot anyway!! it was a fun week. CRAZY week, but fun.

we sure hope we get to see you guys up here sometime!

we miss you guys. every sunday before church tyton gunnar and i watch kambers funeral movie and today tyton saw you and shouted ...'mama eri!!' (grandma teri!)

come see us!