Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What a Weekend!!


What an exciting weekend we had. Spencer had a great game against Atlanta and we are so happy for him. He started on both sides of the ball, which hasn't ever been done in Denver and only four times in the history of the NFL. He told me when he was a little boy he wanted to play in the NFL but I really never thought that would happen. I know we aren't suppose to be proud of our kids, but it is really hard to look at our kids and not feel proud.
We had my Mom and Dad over to watch the game and have dinner and also celebrate Mom's 79th birthday. It's always fun to get together with extended family. After everyone left Rich told me that the Bishop has asked him to speak on gratitude for our adversity. Since he told me about his talk, my mind has been racked with experiences of adversity we have had in our family. I know that while I'm going through a particular trial, I'm not thankful for the trial, but after it has passed, I'm always thankful that I was strong enough to get through it. We came to earth for the experience, and at times I'm sure I didn't say I would do what has been asked of me, but I must have or I wouldn't be here. I read this little book "The Uses of Adversity" by Carlfred Broderick. In it he says "I used to think we were safe from grief and pain here because of our faith. I know now that is not true, but we are safe in his love. We are protected in the most ultimate sense of all---we have a safe home forever."

4 comments:

Larsens said...

amen teri. thanks for all your support... it means so much to the both of us. i dont think its bad to proud of your kids. and how could you not? each one of your kids works so hard and has made a name for themselves, and that is something to be proud of!

Tanner and Shasta said...

Hey Teri! Tanner was just telling me about Spencer's week, we are so excited for them. I think about you all the time, I asked Candi the other day how you've been doing since Kamber passed away. It sounds like your doing pretty good and I'm so glad to hear it!

I know you guys were going to make those garden signs for Kamber, so if you need any help please let me know! I'm really not all that crafty but I could cheer you guys on!

keepingupwiththewootans said...

Mom, whats up? I sure am glad you are proud of us. You can take credit. Staying home is the hardest thing I do. Work is 10 times easier and I have half what you had and a husband that stays home and helps a ton. You and Dad did a ton of great things for us and until you are a parent you just dont understand. I dont think you can. your blog is cute. Love you, Candi

The McNeil Family said...

We watched the game and thought it was so awesome that the annoucers kept saying his name and when they put his picture on the TV Brayden said mom that is Spencer.. I said yes it is!!
You have great children they are so kind to us and our family we love being around you guys. Thanks again for the cute blankets, burp clothes and outfits. You are a wonderful lady..