Thursday, November 19, 2015

On To Thanksgiving, Mom Turns 86

I've spent the last few weeks obsessed with getting my pomegranate harvest taken care of. I spent all morning yesterday making another three batches of jelly and then I hit the wall. My back has been bothering me and everything seems like it's getting harder to do. This morning when I woke up I was in one of those moods, and I'm tired. Sometimes life just gets to be too hard and seems like there are too many challenges. I went with my sister this morning to get our B-12 shots and found myself venting to her about my concerns. Now that I'm home, I can calm down a little bit and start thinking about my blessings instead of all the those little irritations. My Mom had a birthday yesterday and turned 86. We took her to dinner at Charleston's on Tuesday night and it was fun to get together to celebrate with her.  I know she has changed since Dad passed away last January. She seems different, which I can understand. I worry about her being alone but know she doesn't want to leave her home and I respect that. I'm thankful for every day we have her with us and hope we have many more years to celebrate her birthday.  I have seven days to get my house in order to host Thanksgiving. Life is changing for us as the kids get married have children and grandchildren. We aren't going to have that big of a group for dinner so even though we will miss them I understand. This is the season to be thankful, so instead of thinking about all the things I wish were different, I'm going to try and concentrate on those things I love and show gratitude for them.



No comments: