Thursday, November 12, 2015

Jelly Making, Blanket Sewing and Riding My Bike

I can't believe it's already Thursday. I've been busy making jelly and sewing a few baby quilts for my never ending amount of Grandchildren. I'm not complaining, they are such a blessing to me.  I am amazed at how it seems life is changing. It takes so much more time to do everything, especially cleaning and sewing. I remember when I got a lot more accomplished in a day than I do now, but I just keep plugging along. I was talking to someone the other day about the death of their Grandma. This person said, "it's just so sad and final to think we will never see her again." I said, "what are you talking about? I totally believe we will see our loved ones again on the other side." To this they answered. "You may believe that but that doesn't mean it is true." I have had too many experiences to not believe this earth life is only a temporary stage for us to be tested and have an experience with a body until it is time to go home.  This week one of my Mom's best friends grandson committed suicide in his home. He suffered with depression for a very long time but at the age of twenty-four he decided to take his own life. The funeral was yesterday and I could tell when talking to Mom just how sad everyone is about this. I've suffered from anxiety and depression too, but I would never think taking my life would solve anything. I'm not judging anyone else because I have been in a dark place many times. The weather has been beautiful and it's beginning to feel like Fall is here. Some of our trees are changing colors and the leaves will start falling off and our citrus is changing from green to orange, something we love every year, fresh orange juice. With the nice weather I've been riding my bike everyday with Mindi and Trulie. I'm trying to built up the muscles in my legs and burn a few calories, it also gets me out of my nightgown and dressed for the day which takes some encouragement most days.

No comments: