Saturday, November 21, 2015

Are My Prayers Really Answered?

Last night when Rich and I pulled up from going out to dinner I saw one of our dogs across the street. After getting him in the gate, I realized that my ten year old yellow lab was missing. I went out several times looking for him but couldn't find him. I even asked a guy on a bike if he had seen an old white dog in the neighborhood. He told us where he last saw him but after driving around for a half hour we gave up.  I woke up at 3 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep. Even though he is a very old dog, I still didn't want anything to happen to him.  I was praying all night and this morning hoping I would get an answer to where we could find him.  Last night as I was calling his name I thought I could hear him barking but then it would stop.  When Mindi got home this morning from volleyball try-outs I told her we needed to really try and find Sonny.  We looked to see if Animal Control had picked him up or if someone had him and were looking for his owners. We finally decided to walk down the horse path by our house and give it one more try. We went down a ways and decided to turn around and head home. About half way home we stopped as we heard a loud groan. Mindi jumped  the fence to find Sonny in the irrigation ditch with both his front paws struck in the metal grate. I called Dave and he came to help and Trace brought a wagon down and we lifted him up and brought him home. After a warm bath, some first aid treatment and a couple of hot dogs he is resting on the floor on a blanket. I'm pretty sure that if we hadn't found him he would have just died there in the ditch. I often wonder if Heavenly Father really answers my prayers but after today I'm certain that he is aware of me and my needs and concerns. I don't know if Sonny will make it through this ordeal but I'm so thankful we were able to find him, now I need a nap.


No comments: