Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Kamber's 9th, Sick Kids and Service

I've spent the last two days over at Ethan and Jenn's trying to help their sick family. When we knew about the twins I had promised to help them as much as possible. They were born right before the Holidays and then both of them had surgery, which sent us into a tailspin. When Dad got sick and then passed away, there was another couple of weeks she has been on her own. When I got a call from Ethan asking if I could help because Jenn had now caught the nasty bug that most of the other kids have already had, I finally felt I could help. Wow! That's all I can say when I think about all the work being the mother of eight children, two of which are the same age.  This morning I was so tired when I woke up. I was watching the news and when they said it was Tuesday February 10th, a thought came in to my mind of what a nice day that would be for a birthday. Later on when Ethan called and asked if I knew what today was, I finally realized it was Kamber's ninth birthday.  Mindi and I took Trulie and we headed out to help the sick. Jenn had mentioned that the babies don't have any clothes now that they weigh almost twelve pounds, so we stopped at Kohl's to see what we could find. After buying a couple of sleepers, a few outfits and two umbrellas for the little girls we were on our way to their house. I started doing MORE laundry and Mindi fed the baby who was awake and Jenn went to the grocery store. I guess it's pretty hard to get to the store when you have so many kids and I'm thankful she was feeling well enough to make that trip. She came home with bags and bags of groceries and some pink and red cupcakes to celebrate tonight with the kids. Ethan was going to stop by the cemetery to decorate on his way home from work. As we were all talking about today, we are so happy for the grieving process.  Thankful for our knowledge and hope we will see her again, and finally that this year she has a great-grandfather that loved her and will spend some time with her today. Thanks again for whoever sent a package for the twins, that was the only thing that fits them right now. They were wearing them today so I had to take a picture of them and the cupcakes, which we will be having for dessert tonight to celebrate the life of a child who died too soon, and who we love more than anything.


1 comment:

Judy (mom) said...

You are making me cry with this sweet post. I love reading your sweet thoughts!!