Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Going To Eagar

When Rich and I went up to Utah for his family reunion, his super talented sister and her daughter had made a darling quilt to raffle off at their reunion. On Monday I got a bee in my bonnet and decided I would try and make one for our family. I was doing really well on it until I was awake for three hours last night worrying how I could finish it in two days. I was still working on the back and trying to embroider letters and numbers early this morning. As Mindi and I left for the grocery store she could tell I was struggling with decisions and sleep deprivation. All it took was for her to say, "Mom, why don't you just wait and finish it later, then you won't be so stressed out." I felt sad for about five seconds and then relieved. My Dad has decided to get all the kids and grand kids together this weekend up in Eagar for a little reunion and steak fry. He has a small corn field that he's been working on all summer and wants us all to get together up there. With Len and Julie home from their mission, this will be the first year we could all be together. We only have about fifty people going because there is always work and sports commitments, but it should be fun for those that can come. I will be so glad when this summer comes to an end. We are still having record breaking temperatures and that makes me despondent. This summer has been a crazy one for me. I turned sixty years old in May. Went to the beach in June and rode the waves with Spencer. I never thought I would do that with an artificial hip. In July I attended the Landmark Forum where I learned there is a "New Possibility" for me. I'm still trying to find out how I can do that, I'm still stuck in that same pattern of dysfunction. Then last week I floated the Salt River with some friends and family. I never thought I would do that with a bad hip either, but it was so fun. So maybe there is a new possibility for me out there somewhere. All I know is that my life hasn't been what I thought it would be when I was a young girl looking for the "Happy Ever After." Maybe that just never was a possibility for me.

No comments: