Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Back To Florida Spencer Goes

I have been really busy with finishing up some quilts and starting new projects. Mindi and I are also trying to find homes for many of our animals. We have gotten rid of all our tortoise hatchlings and three parakeets. Then on Monday night a nice young family came and took fourteen of my young chicks. I was feeling really good about myself and my stress has gotten better since Annie's sister Jill came and took Spencer's dog Trixie to her house. Candi came over after work and did her magic, cutting and coloring our hair. During the chaos I got a call from Spencer who was on his way to Tennessee to have a workout with the Titans. I had such a good feeling about that team and they have shown interest in him for a long time. We always pray for our children and grandchildren and hope they are protected each day from harm or accident. After losing a precious child it is always on my mind that something terrible could happen. Anyway, after feeling so hopeful and at peace, my mood changed and I just became so sad. What the heck? Is it old age, hormones, brain tumor, or just plain old life? So yesterday the phone rang and it was Spencer. He was in the airport on his way back to Florida to play for the Buccaneers. This is his third trip down that road and hopefully the last. The NFL is such a hard business to be involved with. It is a constant worry with injuries and the stress of it all. Mindi and I spent all day yesterday shopping for groceries because she had to provide food for Tristyn's volleyball team before her game today. Life is hectic and emotional for me. I miss Trixie even though she is so hard to deal with. I've had her since she was a puppy. But we still have six darling little half Shih Tzu/Golden Retriever puppies we need to find good homes for, so the saga continues.

No comments: