Thursday, September 19, 2013

Is It Adult ADD or Just Procrastination?






 
Another week is coming to an end and I'm proud of what I've accomplished so far. I have decided that I have either Adult ADD or I'm just a procrastinator. About two years ago Mindi and Dave built a little bedroom off of the back of the garage to put their three boys in. After they got the room finished we were looking for bedspreads for them. Because they are so pricey and we needed three, we decided to just buy sheets and make a quilt for each of them. I got Trace's done but poor Trent and Troy have not had a big quilt for two years now. So this week I decided it was time to finish some of my projects I have been putting off before I start on one more thing. I finished Troy's yesterday and I have a friend coming over this afternoon to help me get the other one done. Then I can move on to making a quilt for my bed. We are using one I made for Candi's first marriage and it's time I made one for myself. Yesterday was a busy day with quilting and volleyball. Mindi and I went out to watch Tayler play in her tournament. She had been sick with the stomach flu but she is going to be a really good little player someday. They didn't win but we got to see her play. After her game we had to hurry to Tristyn's game at Mesa High. As we walked into the school my memories came back so strong. As a child I heard stories from my Mom about her experiences at that school. She graduated from there in 1947, wow that's a long time ago. I also remember going to the football games because we were in the same conference with them when I went to Coronado forty plus years ago. I watched Jenn and Mindi get so nervous watching their daughters play. I really enjoy watching my grandchildren play but I don't have that same nervousness and pre-game jitters as when my own kids played. I've passed the torch on to them and they can do the worrying now. In my little book "You Can Be Happy No Matter What" he says, "Happiness! It's something that all of us want but that few of us ever achieve. It is characterized by feelings of gratitude, inner peace, satisfaction, and affection for ourselves and others. Our most natural state of mind is one of contentment and joy." That's what I pray for, feelings of gratitude, peace and joy.
 

No comments: