Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Happy Birthday To Trulie

This has been a weird week for me. I thought it was going to be fun having some quiet time and get lots of projects done but instead I haven't felt that productive. I've been waking up really early and not being able to go back to sleep. I've been troubled about some things going on around me and different situations I have no control over, but feel discouraged about. Every summer when it gets really hot I tend to move into the "I have to get out of here" mindset, and then the monsoon storms move in and it cools down a little bit and I'm able to survive. Two years ago today, I was in the hospital while Mindi was having Trulie. I remember the look on the doctors face when I asked him to keep her in for a few more hours so she could have a 4th of July birthday. She was born at 10 p.m. on the third. She has been really a fun little girl to have around. I know sometimes it feels like she sucks all the energy out of everyone because of her personality but she is special to me. Mindi suffered a miscarriage before Trulie and she was their last shot at having another baby. I never did have the courage or faith to have another baby after my miscarriage when Spencer was two, so she is that missing piece in my life. This is the second year they have been out of town on her birthday. I have a feeling I won't get to celebrate many birthdays with her until Tristyn stops playing volleyball and has tournaments all over the country. When Mindi was packing for their trip to Dallas she needed some more pajamas for Trulie. We were so busy that week trying to get everything done before they left, we never did make it to the store. I remembered I had picked up a little cupcake nightgown to give her on her birthday. Anyway, the night before they left Mindi came down and asked if she could have the nightgown for their trip. She had just gotten her out of the bathtub and her hair looks ratty but I had to take a picture of her. I hope they are having fun, I know they have won all their games and just beat the number one team at this tournament, so they are doing well. I will be glad when they get home because it sucks being alone. I miss the chaos!

No comments: