Thursday, July 18, 2013

"Divine Intervention or Magic?"

Yesterday started out early because Rich had to be on a job at 5:30 a.m.. I couldn't get back to sleep so I decided to get busy around the house. I wanted to put all the 4th of July decorations away and find my summer stuff that has been misplaced since last year. I decided to go into the black hole of the garage and look for my missing decorations where I found the plastic bag that my wreath goes in. The problem was there was a heavy piece of glass art on my bag. As I tried to pick up the glass it tipped over and part of it shattered on the floor. I knew Rich wouldn't be happy with me, so I picked up the big pieces and swept up the other evidence and put it in the trash. I decided to go out and feed the animals and get all the garbage picked up to put out for the garbage men to pick up. As I was heading out I turned the corner to my entryway when the bag swung around and a piece of broken glass in the bag came across my lower leg and sliced a big cut. There I stood on my entryway rug bleeding all over, what a mess. I grabbed my leg to try and stop the bleeding and yelled for Rich's secretary Amber, to go get Mindi. We finally got the bleeding to stop and they thought I needed to go get stitches. I was sweaty and dirty and not going anywhere, so I spent most of yesterday down with my leg elevated and so far it has been okay. Mindi has been taking care of a friend of hers dogs while they are on vacation for three weeks. She has been going over to their house twice a day to feed them and put them in crates at night. Anyway, when she went over yesterday she found a little chihuahua dog in the corner of their yard where someone had just put him over. She brought the poor little guy home where Amber took care of him and had planned on taking him home and letting her daughter have it. Anyway, her daughter put it on Facebook that her Mother was bringing home a dog for her and because of social media, someone saw the picture and told the owners that we had found it. The owners came to Amber's house last night after sending pictures to her and they were united with their pet. His name is Magic. When I went to bed last night I felt such a strong feeling of "Divine Intervention." For Mindi to find a dog in a yard, bring it home and the secretary's daughter putting it on Facebook, and it getting back home is a miracle. It had been missing since June 28th. The stars all lined up right for that little guy and for me, I'm just hoping to keep my leg from bleeding and having to get stitches, I believe in magic.



1 comment:

kittrean tanner said...

Okay ... I laughed. The stars aligned for the little dog, Magic ... and for you?, all you want is to stop bleeding because you don't want stitches. What a humble woman ... or, are you just a chicken? ;) You made me laugh, and right now, that is a good thing. Thank you! xoxoxo