Wednesday, September 5, 2012

"The Merciful Obtain Mercy"



This week has been hard, it's funny how fast things can fall apart and disappointments mount. It reminds me of a talk I recently read from last Conference by President Uchtdorf, "The Merciful Obtain Mercy". He says, "We are not perfect. The people around us are not perfect. People do things that annoy, disappoint, and anger. In this mortal life it will always be that way. Nevertheless, we must let go of our grievances. Part  of the purpose of mortality is to learn how to let go of such things. That is the Lord's way." Letting go for me is very hard and so it causes me great sadness in my life. I ask myself often is this really the "Plan of Happiness" we talk about at church? Anyway, I'm thankful for my family, good parents and special children and grandchildren. I went out to Candi's on Sat. and went swimming with the boys and Trulie while Mindi ran errands. With volleyball season starting we are busy watching Tristyn who was the only Freshman to make the Varsity and she's starting. I am so proud of her and her talents. She has been playing since she was eight years old, so those lessons have paid off. I have been wanting to make a flip flop quilt all summer. I couldn't find a pattern so I finally just traced a pair of the kids shoes and made my own pattern. Kamber loved her flip flops and every time I sew another pair on the fabric I think of her running with her little shoes on, and I know she even slept in them. I worry about my Dad who is feeling the affects of radiation. He will have a good day and then he will feel horrible from top to bottom. I may be moving to Scottsdale and help take care of him. My niece Aubrey was in a bad car wreck last weekend and has been in the hospital, so that's just another bump in the road for our family. Spencer had surgery on his knee this morning. His season is over and maybe his football career too. This will be the first time since he was eight years old that we won't watch him play, other than the two years he was in Chile on his mission. At the end of Uchtdorf's talk he says, "Lay your burden at the Savior's feet. Let go of judgement. Allow Christ's Atonement to change and heal your heart. Love one another. Forgive one another. The merciful will obtain mercy." I wish I knew how to do that, life would be better for me.

No comments: