Monday, September 24, 2012

Life, Liberty and My Pursuit of Happiness





Last week and weekend were so busy. I was busy trying to help a friend get some problems solved, Tristyn had three volleyball games, I went to a surprise 60th birthday party for a dear friend in Lehi and yesterday we went out to Ethan's to celebrate with Kylie for her 10th birthday. I've also been trying to decorate my house for Halloween. WHEW! I'm tired. With Spencer recovering from knee surgery, I have missed watching him play and seeing the amazing show of patriotism from the NFL players and coaches. Last week when we were at one of Tristyn's games, as I watched her team line up, embrace each other and jump up and down cheering at the end of the "Star Spangled Banner" it was so emotional for me. Sometimes I take for granted the Freedoms that we enjoy living in this country. The freedom of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, has also come to my mind as I have watched some of my neighbors fight my friend who is trying to open her wedding reception venue. The nasty things that have been said about her effort have made me very angry and loose lots of sleep. Rich and I have tried to help her and feel peaceful that we have done all we can and it's in the Lord's hand now. I have lost respect for some who I thought were my friends but have a greater love and respect for those I know love and stand by me. On Sat. night it was so fun to go back to where we moved from and see some friends I haven't seen since we moved 16 years ago. Sandy had no clue that there was a party in her honor. It was a fun evening of delicious food and lots of laughs. It's also fun to get together with my kids and grandkids. It gets really loud and chaotic, but there is nothing as fun as hearing all of my grandkids laughing and playing. The older I get the more I realize that the only thing we take with us when we pass on is the love of our family.

No comments: