Friday, September 21, 2012

Political Activist I Am Not

As I went to bed last night I felt confused and discouraged. After being asked by my friend to get her wedding reception venue approved by the city, it put me in a bad spot. It pitted me between a friendship and  some of the members of my ward, not a good place to be. I finally told Rich he was going to have to deal with it because I take things too personally and he does hard things all the time in his business. He has always told me that "no good deed goes unpunished" and I have felt that this week. Mindi and I went to my parents to see my Dad. My Mom needed two baby shower gifts, so me, being the professional shopper got to do that for her. When we got there my Aunt Sue and Uncle Carl were there visiting before leaving for their home in Sacramento. My Dad doesn't look very good. He's losing weight and his face looks thin, the color fading. He said he felt good, but he looks weak and tired. My Mom is always cheerful but you never know how she feels, hopefully she's dealing with things as well as we think she is. I don't know if it's the cancer or the radiation that is making him so sick, but I really don't want him to suffer. As I was talking to a friend this week it came up that maybe subconsciously I'm a little bit jealous. Pretty soon my Dad will leave this mortality and move on to the third act where he will see his father, that died when he was three days old, and hopefully Kamber. How cool will that be for him? This week has proven again to me that "life is hard, and not fair." Last night as Rich and I went to bed he said, "well Dewey, we can cross off political activist off your list of talents." Boy is he right, I feel so sorry for Mitt Romney right now, and I've only had a small taste of how nasty people can get.

No comments: