Sunday, January 29, 2012

Kaitlyn is Born, Dad Turns 83 WOW!


On Thursday my niece Mary delivered her baby girl Kaitlyn. On Friday my sister picked me up and we met our parents at the hospital to see this darling little bundle of joy. As we left both of us were glad to be way beyond birthing babies age. When we were visiting I asked my parents how many great grandchildren this makes. When they said "40" I was shocked. How can that be? As we drove home I was wondering if I would ever make it to see my "greats" born. Tristyn is almost fourteen so we still have a few years. Today is my Dads 83 birthday. They have lived in the same house for almost sixty years. In the past we have given him lots of golf related items, golf ball, shirts, golf club covers, anything that he could use when he golfs. Now that he has two artificial hips and it's getting harder and harder to get around on the course, he doesn't need anymore golf stuff. So this year for his birthday we got him something really special. I came up with the idea and ran it past my sister and when she told my brother Ben, all he said was "that's an unusual gift, but count me in." So yesterday Rich went to their home and installed a new handicapped toilet in their bathroom. They are so happy, they have called twice to thank us. Now that most of the grand kids are married and successful we took up a collection to help with the cost and it was nice to see who donated. Tonight we are having everyone over to celebrate Dads big day, hopefully I will survive.

No comments: