Friday, January 20, 2012

"I Will Take My Own Problems"

After getting my work done this morning Mindi and I decided to run some errands. As we got in the car the gages told us we had two miles before we would run out of gas. We made it to the gas station filled up and off we went to Hobby Lobby. Mindi was taking ribbon back and I was buying some material to finish a quilt. We took a tour of the store, Mindi has to look at everything on sale and at a bargain price. We finally made it to the fabric dept. and got my piece of material cut. We headed for the front and after the girl rang me up I realized I had left my purse back at the cutting table. Mindi had to pay for my stuff and hers and then we went back and rescued my purse. Am I losing it or what? A few years ago I left my purse sitting next to a chair at the fitting room in Dillard's. Old age is definitely setting in. After we went and got lunch we headed over to the grocery store. I only needed a few things to get through the weekend and I hate going to the store on Sat. As we were walking in I told the nice guy at the door, "well we made it through another week." He said, "yeah, I can't believe I've made it through another week already." I then asked him why he wouldn't think he could make it. He began to tell me how he has diabetes and neuropathy in his feet, every step he takes is like walking on nails. He also has had two heart attacks and prostate cancer. I see this guy every time I go to the store and he is always so friendly and nice. I would never have known he had so many health problems. I then told him about my hip fiasco, $25,000 for an operation that doesn't seem to have solved the problem. I didn't want to go into all my other issues like anxiety disorder, obesity and just plain old worn out. He said, "I just try and not let anyone know I'm suffering." Unlike me, who wants to make sure everyone knows when I'm out of sorts. As we got our groceries and were paying for them the little girl who bags them is severely handicapped. I see her walking with two metal crutches and she doesn't talk very well either. I have visited with her before and I think she was born very premature and has had a rough go of it. As I left the store I realized that everyone has problems. Life is HARD, and it was meant to be that way so we can grow and learn from our trials. As I told my nice friend at the store, "I will take my own problems, they were meant for me to work out."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's amazing what we can learn from other people--I learn something new from you everytime we talk..I'm sorry you are going through so much right now-xoxo