Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Don't Know What's Coming Next

Yesterday was a busy day for us. Well, everyday seems to bring something different. Mindi had to drive Tristyn to volleyball practice so we decided to go by and see my Dad after dropping her off at ASU. We had a nice visit, I even talked to their 85 year old neighbor who I hadn't seen in ages. He's taking care of his wife with Dementia and his granddaughter with some sort of Palsy. I feel blessed every time I leave my parents home that they are still doing as well as they are, still living in their own home and my Mom is still driving to the Temple two days a week to work there. When we got back to the campus to pick Tristyn up from practice I waited in the car with the two younger kids while Mindi went in. As I sat watching all the students come and go it reminded me of when I was a student there. I remember parking and walking miles to my classes but these students had bikes and skateboards. I couldn't believe all the girls riding bikes. Back in the 70's when I was a co ed I did ride my bike a lot when I transferred to BYU. There was No Way my parents could afford a car for me, hence the bike riding all over campus and even to the grocery store. I remember buying too much food and then trying to find a way to get it home in bags and my backpack while pedaling around Provo. Then before I got married I moved back home and graduated from ASU. When it came time for Mindi to go to college she got a scholarship to play volleyball at ASU, but Spencer was given a football scholarship at the U of A, so even though most of us are Devils we cheer for the Wildcats now. Spencer is in the last year of his contract with the Broncos so there is a good possibility he will be on another team next year. What will I do with all those orange Denver shirts? I guess they will go the same place all those maroon and gold shirts did, to Goodwill. We never know what is around the next corner but hope we're up for the challenge.

No comments: