Monday, January 16, 2012

It's MLK Day and Trace's Eleventh Birthday

The Birthday Boy


Tristyn's Team Playing at ASU

I hate these holidays that aren't really celebrated by us, it's just another day for the kids to be out of school. I guess maybe if I went to downtown Phoenix and marched in the MLK parade it would feel more like a holiday. Rich and the guys are all working to get jobs done this week, so it's just another day in paradise for us. I spent all day Sat. watching Trent play basketball and Tristyn play in a volleyball tournament. This is a three day event that Mindi and Candi played in when they were her age. As I sat listening to all the girls scream and yell and the parents clapping and cheering their daughters on, I had a reflective moment. My grand kids are getting older and soon will be gone to college and on missions, then they could get married. YEAK! I see so much potential in each of them and hope they can keep on the right path so each of them can reach their potential. Today is Trace's birthday he is eleven now. He is such a sweet boy and is watching his brothers this morning while Mindi is with Tristyn at her tournament. How thankful I am to have these little kids to watch them grow and mature and feel of their goodness. With Rich's schedule with work and his church responsibilities I would be alone 95 percent of the time. I have heard girls comment that they could never live with their mothers or women say they couldn't live with their grandchildren, but this works for us. Sometimes its hard not to beat myself up for all the things I can't do, but I'm thankful for the things I can accomplish. If anything I hope to be a good example to my family especially these special kids I can share my life with. Hopefully we can make this a special day for Trace.

No comments: