Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Flowers, Card and Dinner

After complaining about how much I hate Valentine's Day Rich surprised me with flowers, a sweet card and dinner at Tia Rosa's. This last month has been crazy with me traveling between Gilbert and Denver, then a week later up to Salt Lake for Grandma Beth's funeral. I am a very simple person with simple needs. Because I have anxiety I hate to be in crowds of people and especially struggle in big stores like Costco and Wal Mart. I was feeling extremely sad on Sunday because Rich had worked six long days and then spent the Sabbath away from 6 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. with his church responsibilities. I am content just being a visiting teacher and even then going in to sisters homes is hard for me. Rich has spent our whole marriage serving in every calling imaginable. I have tried supporting him but I must admit at times it has gotten hard to watch him go on trips with the youth, outings with the scouts and to the Temple with the Young Women, leaving me behind. I feel extremely blessed to have a husband that tries very hard to live the gospel and serve when asked. Last night as we were getting ready for bed he said, "I just hate getting old." We are both feeling the affects of getting close to sixty. Anyway, all I could think of answering him with was, "what do you want to do, live forever?" I really think Rich would like to live for a very long time. Anyway, it was fun going out to eat by ourselves it has been a really long time since we went out alone. Hopefully we will be able to do it again soon.

1 comment:

Monya Williams said...

I sure do love both of you. My children LOVE Rich, and always ask about him.
Thanks to both of you for influencing our family for good.