Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Update on Mom

I just thought I would give a quick update on my mom and her surgery. We went to the hospital at 10:30 this morning and got her checked in. At 12:00 she went back to pre-op to get changed, hooked up to an IV and get ready for the 1:30 surgery time. The very thing that we did not want to happen to my overly anxious mother happened. The doctor did not come in until about 2:30. He was running way behind and that just gave her more time to worry and fret. When I had to leave at 3:00 she still had not been taken back but it was not long after I left that they got started.

My dad just called me at 6:00 and said that the doctor had just come out to talk to them. What was supposed to be a one hour surgery ended up being two and a half hours. The doctor said that it was quite an ordeal and they had a hard time getting the "ball out of the socket." This is what my dad said. (I think) It sounds to me that it was worse than they had thought. I hope that we will find out more of the details tomorrow. Anyway, that is where we are right now. Hopefully she can get some sleep tonight. I know that she has only had about three hours a night for the past week or two.

She wanted me to tell everyone "thank you" for all of the prayers and words of encouragement. She felt your love and appreciates all of you. I will try to keep you caught up on how she is doing.

Mindi

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry she went through that today, but I am glad she actually got the surgery done. hopefully she will sleep good tonight she has a long recovery ahead of her

The McNeil Family said...

I was thinking about her today.. I talked to jen earlier and she was saying she didn't know for sure what time the surgery was at. My prayers are with her that she has a fast recovery. I want to bring flower by the house. I just need to know when she will be coming home so that they are there when she gets home. I hope she can get some sleep. Thanks for the update.

Judy (mom) said...

So glad the surgery is over and pray that she can recovery quickly and with not to much pain! She has been in my thoughts and prayers all day! Please give her hugs for me.