Friday, September 17, 2010

Forever Thankful!

Life is Hard. I found out this week that I can do HARD things. I will never say that I like doing hard things, just that I can. It felt like heaven coming home yesterday. I was in the hospital less than 48 hours but the walls were starting to close in on me. When I walked out of Banner Desert it was 107 degrees. It was nice to be outside but the heat almost took my breath away. My parents brought me home and stayed the day with me. I don't know what I would do without my family and friends. I had a dear friend spend two nights with me lying on the floor next to me on a fold out cot. She would get me ice, jello, yogurt and anything else I needed. She was there to talk to me when I couldn't sleep, which was most of the time. She then would get up in the morning and after my parents would arrive she would leave and go to work. What a special friend, I will never be able to repay her for her kindness.
Poor Mindi has had to take on being my parent. I know it is hard but I so appreciate her. She not only has to take care of her family but now has the responsibility to do all the things that I did like feed the animals, do my laundry and get my food. I know it sucks to be in her situation but she never complains, I love that about her. I hope someday to be there for her.
Now that I am home I have slept a little bit better. The nurses kept trying to give me heavy duty narcotics because I wasn't sleeping but I don't believe in taking pain meds when I wasn't in pain. The nurses couldn't believe how well I did. I am so thankful that I heal really fast. My Mom kept telling me that I could do this hard thing because I came from "pioneer stock" whatever that means. I do know that some of my ancestors came across the plains and had to drive their covered wagons over the mountains of Northern Arizona called Hole in the Rock and that was a really hard thing to do.
It's good to be home and have this behind me. I pray that it will be a while before my next really hard thing hits. I am thankful for all the prayers and kindnesses I have received. I felt my Heavenly Father's love as I stayed calm in the Pre-Op. There were times that I felt like just getting out of there but I had done so much work and worry to prepare to be there I was proud that I didn't have a break down. Thanks to everyone who cares, I am aware that their are people who are not as blessed as I am with the wonderful support system I have. I feel so bad for them, I must have done something in the pre existence to deserve the blessings I have been given. Again thank you for your prayers, food and treats, I love you all! Teri

3 comments:

Judy (mom) said...

Yeah!!! You did it..I have been thinking about you everyday this week. So glad that all went well. Wishing you a quick and successful recovery!

Lis said...

Aunt Teri,
I am so glad that your surgery went well I have been thinking about you this week and it's good to know things went well. I hope your recovery is just as fast.

Love
Elisebeth

The McNeil Family said...

I have been praying for you that all would go well. Glad to hear you are home. I will pray for a fast recovery. Hang in there