Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Be Good To Your Hips

I usually love the first of Sept. when all the new shows start. I am a reality show junkie. I think because I am afraid of flying or going very far from home I admire all those people who are brave enough to go on these shows. I think the Amazing Race and Survivor are my favorites, isn't that ironic that someone with Agoraphobia would like shows that are traveling around the world and being stuck out in the jungle? I know there is something really wrong with me, but it is what it is.
Today though I think I've reached the limit on my television watching. I woke up at 5:00 a.m. and watched the early morning news until I went back to sleep around 6:30. I then got showered and ate breakfast and watched The Price Is Right while I worked on a quilt for Kylie's birthday tomorrow. This is getting really old not being able to even pick something up off the floor. I then watched Dr. Phil and was in the middle of Oprah when a dear friend called from Utah. I was so glad to have someone distract me for a little while, thanks Cinda. I then was in watching Glenn Beck when my doorbell rang, it was another friend of mine who brings us her coupons. So I decided that instead of watching Judge Judy I would get up and sit in a chair for a while and write about this wonderful experience I have been given to endure.
I called yesterday to get an appointment to get these hideous 27 metal staples out of my butt. I was told that they have to stay in for three weeks. I just about said some bad words but instead I said, "well what happens if they just fall out?" She answered, "they won't." I said "well what if I just take them out myself?" All I heard her say was, "better not!" Now seriously, do they expect me to keep 27 metal staples pulling all my fat and skin together so tight I can hardly walk in for three weeks?
I'm warning everyone I know to be good to your hips. This is definitely not for sissies and I feel so sorry for all those 70 and 80 year old grannies that have had to go through this. It truly is hell! I have been really lucky so far, (knock on wood) because I only stayed two days in the hospital and came home. I know there are people who stay in the hospital a week and then have to go to a care center for more rehab before going home. I would be insane if that happened to me. I know it could always be worse. I am aware that there is suffering going on all around me. I wonder sometimes what the "Plan of Happiness" really is. The sun will come up again tomorrow and I will be one step closer to getting these nasty staples out, then will I be happy?

No comments: