Friday, September 24, 2010

Clean Sheets and Scorrpions

I love to get into bed when my sheets are clean. My parents came over yesterday and helped me get all my laundry done and my Mom ironed Rich's shirts while my Dad helped me do my exercises. I don't know what I would do without them going through this wonderful experience, they have been great. Mindi took my Dad over to Taco Bell to get us some lunch and that was fun just sitting and eating together. My parents were both school teachers so after I got married they were too busy to come help me. They also work in the Temple two days a week so they aren't available on Tues. and Wed. for service. I think because my Dad has had two hip replacements and talked me into doing this surgery he has taken a special interest in my recovery. I was a hard teenager and he was tough on me but since I am older and more mature we can finally get along.
I was so excited to get into bed last night and when my sheets are clean I feel like I am safe from scorpions. WRONG! At 2:00 a.m. I felt that lovely little sensation and realized that I had been stung. I woke Rich up and turned on my light so he could come kill it. I then did my usual treatment of Benadryl, Aleve, ice, oils and anything else I can think of to get rid of the pain.This one was a very small one and it got me on my right arm so hopefully it won't get as big and red as some of the others. I don't understand why they come my way. Rich is only a few inches over but they seem to always come over to my side. Rich even made the comment this morning that I get stung way more than he does. I guess I'm just lucky.
I'm counting down the days until I get these hideous staples out of my butt. They itch and pull and hurt and it is miserable. I will be so happy when I'm back to normal and able to sit in a chair and walk without a walker and have my strength back. Until then I will just keep taking it "one day at a time" like my Dad told me to do yesterday. He's been through it and he should know.

No comments: