Wednesday, March 2, 2016

All Is Well

My goal for the weekend was to have all the animals and kids alive when Mindi got home from Colorado on Monday night. It was a success and all is well. I was lucky because the kids are getting older and more responsible and they help a lot too. Dave was also here to help with laundry, dishes and running the kids around. He even got the kids up and ready to attend three hours of church on Sunday. I was really impressed with that because I know most Dads would just stay home. It's always amazing to me when the Mother is out of the home how empty it feels. I think the women are so important to the spirit of the home. I had a lot of calls on the puppies. I always meet some really nice people when I am selling a litter. Some are trying to replace a pet that has just passed away and others want something for their kids to play with and learn responsibility. I also have some who call and say they are on their way and they will be over at a certain time and then never show up. That fires me up a little and I may say some not so nice things about them. I have noticed that since I'm getting older things are changing inside of me. It's taken me a long time to realize that I'm in charge of my happiness. No one really cares about how I feel, I have to give myself what those close to me can't or refuse to. I realize they are dealing with there own stuff. I want to find things to do that make me happy and not depend on anyone or anything to be responsible for my happiness. Now thinking that and putting it in to practice is a different story. I just don't want to spend the rest of my life being disappointed in who and what I gave my power to. Plus I'm just too tired to worry about it anymore.

No comments: