Friday, February 26, 2016

Puppies and Cleaning

I'm happy to have lived through another busy week. After being super sick on Sunday and hearing about others who felt worse than me for way longer, I feel blessed. This week has been busy with getting our fourteen puppies ready to go to good homes. Mindi and I have wondered many times if it is worth it. We love golden retrievers and know there are others who share our love of this breed, so hopefully we can find nice people who will love them. We spent all day yesterday decorating and running errands for the blue and gold banquet last night at the church. Mindi works with the little cub scouts so she offered to do the decorations. This morning she and Tristyn got on a plane and flew to Colorado for a volleyball tournament all weekend. So I'm here in the trenches, cracking the whip with the kids, mopping her floors and doing a little laundry. After today Dave will be in charge of taking care of them and helping with the animals. I hope Mindi will be able to rest and enjoy her time with Tristyn because next year she will be going to college and playing volleyball there. Sometimes it's hard to believe I have a 39 year-old daughter and an almost 18 year-old granddaughter. It's been a lot of fun watching them play and now it's on to bigger and better opportunities for them both.


No comments: