Monday, February 15, 2016

Murphy"s Law

Last week was one of those Murphy's Law kind of weeks. If it could go wrong it did. It started off with two dogs who decided that they would fight. The older one ended up on the losing end and I had to take him to the vet. His ear was injured, so we spent the next few days keeping them apart and finding a new home for the younger, dominate male. Spencer was in town for a few days and invited me to run some errands with him and Annie. After we got home and I rested for a few minutes, I realized that I was missing one of my 1/2 carat diamond earrings Rich had given me. I have spent lots of time looking, cleaning and praying to find it but haven't yet. I did find my lost Fitbit while searching for my earring. Saturday I spent the day in Phoenix watching Mindi's volleyball team play in a tournament. Tristyn was in Las Vegas playing there, so Dave stayed home and took care of all the pets so I could go watch Tayler and Tenna play. My cousins Barb Abney and Miriam and Norm King were there too, so we had lots of time visiting and laughing. Today I have so much to get done because I was gone all day Saturday, but there will always be work for me to do. It seemed like the theme of church yesterday was adversity and how to deal with it. That's something that we don't have a shortage of over here, but we still have a pretty good life. It's sure hard to keep my eye on the eternal perspective when these challenges come my way. I sometimes wish I had been given a more kinder, gentler, non contentious personality because my life would be a lot more peaceful, but I am who I am and hopefully as I get older I won't let things get to me as much as I do now.

No comments: