Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Sick On Easter

Easter is one of those holidays that makes me reflect on what I believe and what is important in my life. I remember Easter as a child getting a new dress to wear to church. So last week I made Mindi take me shopping to see if I could find something nice to wear on Sunday. After a few stores, we decided that the stuff in our closets was better than what we saw on the racks, so we left having saved lots of money. Rich was wondering why I was even shopping with my three closets full of clothes. He doesn't understand that girls don't like to wear the same thing over and over like they do. After church I came home and took my rolls out to raise and cut up my strawberries for dessert. As the day went on and my family came, we ate dinner. I just remember sitting at the table feeling sicker and sicker. I got up and went in my bedroom and pulled a blanket on and started running a fever and chilling. As my extended family came over and I could hear them laughing and visiting I felt so sad. My grand kids were all playing outside and I was in bed feeling like crap. The talks in church were all about the resurrection and how our Savior can take away all our pain and suffering, I was sure praying for some help as I was lying in bed. I'm feeling much better now and am feeling stronger everyday. Rich is sick too, but with a nasty virus that some guy passed along to him while working. He was nice enough to cut me two bouquets of roses off our bushes to use for dinner. I need to find out how I'm picking up these bugs that seem to always show up on Sunday. Maybe that's a sign that I'm doing something wrong, or maybe I'm just lucky.


No comments: