Monday, March 14, 2016

An Answer To My Prayers

About three weeks ago I realized when I was taking off my jewelry that I had lost one of my diamond earrings. I have searched high and low in my house and around the yard where I thought it might be. I took a flashlight and went from room to room looking everywhere for it. I even vacuumed the whole house and then went through the bag, which was full of dirt and hair. Yuck! I have pondered and prayed and begged to find this earing that Rich gave to me years ago. I kept having a feeling that it was in my room but never did do the deep clean I needed to find it. Last week I finally gave up and called the jeweler to see how much it would cost to get another one. On Saturday I finally decided to dust the furniture in my bedroom. I started on Rich's side and put all his nails, screws and misc. construction items in a bowl, then moved to my dresser. When I lifted up a couple of boxes and started dusting there was my earing, at the very back of my dresser under my jewelry box. How it got back there I do not know, but I am so happy. What an answer to a three week prayer. We are taught all the time in church that our Heavenly Father is aware of us and our needs. That he loves us and wants us to be happy. That our prayers are answered, but not always how or when we want them to be. I know a diamond earring isn't that big of a deal in the scheme of important world events but it was important to me to find it. My parents always taught us to live a life worthy to ask for answers to our prayers, I don't know if that is true but I am so thankful for what I believe and have been taught, and especially that what I had lost was found. 

No comments: