Thursday, June 20, 2013

"The Happy Book"

It's been really hard since I got home from my beach trip to get into my "life as I know it" place. Being away you forget all the day to day things that need to be done to keep a house going. I woke up really early yesterday discouraged about a lot of issues. I went in to my living room to read my scriptures. I'm reading in Alma 4:3 where it says, "And so great were their afflictions that every soul had cause to mourn, and they believed it was the judgements of God sent upon them because of their wickedness and abominations, therefore they were awakened to a remembrance of their duty." I then turned to the three books on my table that I'm reading. One was given to me by a friend called, "Love Life and See Good Days", by Emily Freeman. I finished it yesterday as the final chapter was, "The Happy Book" talking about how we should start a book of all the things that make us happy. She says, "Perhaps, at the end of each day, as you go over the things you have experienced, you could choose to remember the good part. Maybe you could start your own happy book and fill it full of days of gladness and good days." I wish I could sit on the beach everyday and watch the waves crash on to the shore and the dolphins jump across the ocean, but this is my reality. We live in the desert with the heat, cactus and scorpions. Hopefully I can start my own happy book and have enough faith to trust in the promises the Savior has given to me and deserve all the blessings I've been given.

No comments: