Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Off to the Beach

I have been so crazy busy this week that my head has been spinning. I woke up this morning at 4:30 in a panic thinking about all I had to do today. For the last few years Candi has wanted me to go spend some time with them in California at Huntington Beach. Her in-laws live there and whenever she has a break in her schedule doing hair they leave for the beach. I have always had an excuse, not very good ones, but there was always a reason why it would be impossible for me to leave the comfy confines of my home. I have talked a lot about my fear of driving and flying and there was a time I couldn't leave my house to go out and get the mail. So this is a really big step for me, to leave everything and go on a vacation. I don't think I've been anywhere since Rich and I went to Utah for his family and school reunions. The thought of spending a week in the 70 degree weather, in the middle of summer intrigues me. It has never happened before. So tonight I will be on my way to a relaxing time, I hope and fun with the Wootan family. I am considering this my birthday present to myself because of the passing of Lance my birthday was pretty sad. Mindi and Dave are leaving at the end of the month to travel with their family to Dallas for the National Volleyball Tournament that Tristyn will be playing in, so Mindi will be here to hopefully keep all my critters alive. Rich probably won't even know I'm gone until he runs out of clean clothes, maybe he will have to do a load of laundry. Anyway, I just called my Mom to tell her goodbye, she has tried to talk me out of going. When I told her I was already homesick she said, "well then just stay home." This is something I need to do for myself and hopefully I won't regret it.

2 comments:

Coplen's said...

Teri,
You are going to have A BLAST!!! Enjoy yourself have fun! :) You deserve it!!
Heidi

Judy (mom) said...

I can't wait to hear about all the fun you are going to have. We have been going to the beach in San Clemente every summer since I was 14.....and we absolutely love it. I don't think you will want to come home!!!