Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Dreams of the Ocean and Cool Mountains

I must admit it has been hard getting back to the routine from beach activities to the desert scene. I have been struggling with my mood since Spencer took his family to Park City, then Montana and back to Colorado where they will probably be living. If he gets picked up by a team he will play another year in the NFL but if not, he will start another career whatever that may be. Candi, B.J. and their two boys are enjoying their other grandparents in California and I wish I could be there with them. Mindi is going crazy trying to pack and get all her work done so they can leave for Dallas on Saturday for volleyball. I could tell I was getting sadder and sadder as I thought about my kids going away from home. The good news is that Len and Julie will be home early next week from their mission. It has been a long three years without them around. Mary and her little family are moving back from Indiana and should be home any day now. She will have some changes in her life as she tries to raise her kids without the help of her husband Lance. I was talking to my Mom about some of my sadness and she told me a little story about something that happened in the Temple last week. She said there was a twenty-nine year old sister who has cancer. She is living in a hospice environment, so they know she doesn't have much time left on this earth. They brought her to the Temple by ambulance, put her in a wheelchair and brought her in to be sealed to her fiance before she passes away. I don't know who this person is but I haven't been able to stop thinking about her since. I feel ashamed to get all out of sorts with my little problems when there are others who are suffering so much more. It doesn't help that it could get up to 118 degrees by Saturday. Maybe I will take Spencer up on his offer to move me to Colorado, I don't know how many more summers I can take it here in the heat.

No comments: