Saturday, July 25, 2009

Come Take Your Place


Okay I lied. I said in my last post I wasn't going to be depressed or sad but I guess not having a crystal ball I couldn't see the future. It started last night, the anticipation of how to deal with a day I will forever despise. Today is the first anniversary of Kamber's returning home to Heaven. I am flooded with memories of the day and the week following as we prepared for her funeral and burial. I had no idea how much time and talents it would take to organize her funeral. I remember Ethan and Rich working for hours on the casket because there wasn't anything good enough to put her in. It was beautiful and the craftsmanship was exquisite. Everything had to be perfect for her and it was. During that week family, friends and ward members were so helpful. They responded with food, cards, flowers and kind words. Those will never be forgotten. Jenn and Ethan had a video made for her viewing. There was one song that when I hear it makes me cry. It is a song by Hilary Weeks on a "Day of Praise" CD. The words are beautiful and everytime I hear it I think of Kamber. These are the words:

Can you hear it
Can you hear it
Angels are calling your name.
Do you feel it Do you feel it
Heaven is lighting a flame.
There's a voice in your heart
Whispering who you are.
Can you see it
Can you see it
Your place in the Father's design.
Are you ready
Are you ready
This is your season to shine.
There's a voice through the dark
Gathering noble hearts.
You carry the light of His Son
and running through your veins is royal blood.
You're the brave and the strong, you're the faithful.
You have been saved for this moment and time.
You hear the call
You feel the flame
You've been prepared
Come take your place.
Can you hear the angels calling you.
Do you recognize your name.
Can you see your part in His design
No one else can take your place.
There's a voice clear and strong
You're right where you belong,
You are the brave
You are the strong
You are the the faithful ones.

Now the hard part starts. Trying to be the kind of person that is good enough to see her again. I just don't know if I'm up for that. I know right now I'm a long ways out, but all I can do is try.






No comments: