Monday, July 20, 2009

Are You Really There?

This last year has been a challenge (to say the least.) I feel like a broken record playing over and over again. At times I feel like it is all I can do to get up and make my bed and feed my animals, and with the heat it makes it that much more difficult. At times our family relationships feel like they have gotten stronger, but at others they have become more strained. We have the same issues over and over again. They never go away or work out. WE get stuck in the bad behavior.
The thought that has been going through my head for the last couple of weeks is the first sentence of a primary song, "A Child's Prayer." It starts, "Heavenly Father, are you really there? And do you hear and answer every child's prayer?" That pretty much somes up how I feel. Is Heavenly Father really there? Is he listening to my prayers? At times I just think he is deaf, or maybe he has too many other important things to do. Maybe I'm not worthy to receive an answer, or maybe there isn't an answer. Anyway, I have lots of blessings, I know it could be a lot worse. Who knows maybe it will. Life is hard and I don't like hard things. Maybe it's time to make some major changes. I know what I'm doing now isn't working for me, so maybe it's time to find a different game plan.

No comments: