Friday, July 10, 2009

Can I Just Check Out?


Does anyone care if I just check out for the month of July and come back when August hits and the kids are back in school? That would be so nice if we could just go somewhere and escape all those challenges that come our way. I hate to complain because I have been called the "most negative person" on the planet, but I will anyway. When I listen to the news and they say we have an "extreme heat advisory" for the weekend and that our temps could be around 115 degrees, it makes me want to go find the nearest tunnel and climb in. I went swimming with my friend Paula last night, (okay it was more like walking around in a bathtub) because the water was almost 90 degrees, we had good conversation but I wouldn't call it refreshing.

Last Friday I went to Kohl's with Mindi to find some clothes for her kids to take to Willcox for the 4th. As we walked in I saw these darling red, white, and blue flip flops sitting on the counter. I told Mindi how much they reminded me of Kamber and I should buy them. Anyway, we walked the whole store and when we went to check out, the little shoes were still sitting there. I couldn't help myself so we bought them. Maybe Brookie can wear them next year. I never have loved the July-August part of the summer in Arizona but now I have a special reason to despise it. The anniversary of sweet Kamber going home to our Heavenly Father is rapidly approaching and I don't know how to feel or what to think. Part of me is so happy for her, I am almost jealous of the fact she was taken out of this wicked world, but the selfish part of me misses her daily. I know July 25th will come and go and we will survive it. That's the problem; I'm sure we will live to see another summer next year.

1 comment:

The McNeil Family said...

I can't believe that it is coming up that she has been gone. I wish we could just skip that week in july and go straight to august. Hang in there, we all are trying to remember that she is in a better place with our Heavenly Father.