Saturday, January 17, 2009

Workouts with Spencer

This week has gone by so fast. As everyone knows Spencer plays for the Denver Broncos in the NFL. He has absolutely worked his butt off trying to be strong enough, fast enough and mean enough to make it. This week he came home after his morning workouts and helped a group of us work out, (Well, I mostly babysat) but he did do some one on one training with his mother. As most of my family knows I graduated with a degree from ASU with a Bachelor of Education in Physical Education and Secondary Ed. I was pregnant with Mindi when I did my student teaching at Arcadia High School in Phoenix. It was then that I realized that I really didn't enjoy other people's children. I liked coaching kids that were athletic, but the babysitting part of teaching I hated. So I became a stay at home mom to four children and began to live my life through their activities. After a miscarriage, thyroid radiation, knee, gallbladder and ear operations, I pretty much gave up the active lifestyle of my youth and became more sedentary. Hence the workouts with Spencer. Some of the things he was asking me to do with my poor old arthritic hip was "are you kidding me right now." Anyway, after a couple of sessions I have realized that I haven't done what I was educated to do. I have put my children and everyone else before myself when it came to exercising. I need to do better and become more active. I complained alot when he was trying to help me but I really appreciate him taking his time to train us, too bad he's only going to be around for a couple of months. Anyway, it was fun while it lasted.

4 comments:

larsen family said...

It is fun to workout with Spencer and I appreciate you helping with Brookie. I know she loves her time with Grandma! Thanks for always being willing to help.

Melissa said...

I just laughed when you said you "realized I didn't enjoy other people's children." That just makes me laugh because you always had all the neighbor kids running your house and front yard all the time. I don't think you could ever get rid of us! thanks for the great fun memories

Love you guys!

Larsens said...

youre lookin hot teri!! keep it up... and get your mind right! and thaks for the help with the kiddos. its pretty crazy trying to get the work outs done with the kids, but its well worth it.

keepingupwiththewootans said...

Mom I just wanted to say thank you for helping with the kids while we work out! I really appreciate it and you are lookin good! 10 pounds lost is a ton. I sure do love you! Candi Dandy