Friday, January 9, 2009

Why?

I have been wondering alot since Kamber passed away WHY it happened. Why weren't we warned about it or why we didn't see it coming? Also why didn't Heavenly Father step in and save her? I was talking to a friend about it and he said, " Teri, the "Why" question isn't about desired information about the event. It's about denial for what happened and a refusal to accept the reality, the truth about what happened and that it did happen. It's about avoiding the pain of what happened." We all know about the 5 steps of grieving, they are Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance. I sometimes think I am doing pretty darn good and then I'm slammed right back in to the denial stage. I know that we must all experience grief at some time or other. We will all experience loss while on this earth. We are taught at an early age that we lived in the spirit world before we came and we will return home someday. I pulled up an article on the internet and it really made sense to me. The last paragraph says," You will heal, even if you cannot believe that now, just know that it is true. To feel pain after loss is normal. It proves that we are alive, human. But we can't stop living. We have to become stronger, while not shutting off our feelings for the hope of one day being healed and finding love and happiness again. Helping others through something we have experienced is a wonderful way to fascilitate our healing and bring good out of someting tragic." That is my hope for all of us who suffer a loss, that we can find the good that can come out of the pain of loss and find comfort and healing.

1 comment:

Alishia said...

I love all of the articles and books that you quote on your blog. You always teach me something new. Good has already come from your loss. That doesn't make it any easier, but those whose lives have been touched are grateful. Me included! I have learned and grown so much from your precious little angel. She is a special little girl.

I love the post about Tenna. She really was an amazing woman. She is very missed by all of us! I know she has visited with Kamber and held her in her arms. That's just how she was!