Thursday, January 22, 2009

Life is Eternal!


I'm really not very good at this grieving thing. On Sunday in Primary we were talking about how there are three stages to life. We lived in Heaven before we came to Earth, we were born to get a body, then we die and go back home. I believe that, but when Kamber was taken from us my perspective changed. Some days I can go along without a thought about how sad I am, and then out of nowhere it's back. So I decided to pull up talks written about death and do some reading. I read some really good talks given by prophets and apostles. One article by Ezra Taft Benson says," Life is eternal. We live on and on after earth life, even though we ofttimes lose sight of the great basic truth." The spirit world is not far away. Sometimes the veil between this life and the life beyond becomes very thin. Our loved ones who have passed on are not far from us." I know the reason it hurts is because we love our family so much. In D& C 42:45 it says "Thou shalt live together in love, insomuch that thou shalt weep for the loss of them that die." I admire Ethan and Jenn so much. They are so strong and they are such an example of strength to me. I don't think they realize how they have touched our family, the dignity they show us through their loss. President Monson said, "Because life is fragile and death inevitable, we must make the most of each day." So I guess I better get to work and make each day count.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Amen---well said, Teri. We don't know how long we have so we can't waste any time on petty things. If we learn anything in this life, it should be this. Ethan and Jenn look so cute in that picture. Where has the time gone?