Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sundays are Hard


I don't know why Sundays are so hard for us. I think it is because we are in a more spiritual place. I was standing in front of my bathroom mirror thinking about how heavy my heart felt. I was wondering, "Is this ever going to go away? Am I going to feel like this forever? " Then I started thinking about how lucky we are to have our grandchildren close. We have the opportunity to see some of them everyday and most of the others at least once a week. I'm sure there are grandparents that would love to see their grandkids as much as we do. I started thinking about all the cute things they say. It seems like just yesterday that I heard my nephew Jeremy say he wanted a hangabur,(Hamburger.) Candi came running in to Rich one night down in Lehi and said, "Daddy look at that cokerotch." I still can't call them cockroaches. Now we have the next generation of kids and they make me laugh. Troy comes in all the time and wants a "rootbeer dote"or "yungyuck," which when translated means rootbeer float and chocolate milk. Yesterday Spencer's boy Tyton came in telling me he wanted a "Peepop" he took me by the hand down to my kitchen and opened up the door to the fridge. I finally figured it out that he wanted an otter pop. I'm so thankful to have the opportunity to be a grandma. I know sometimes I feel overwhelmed and out of sorts when all ELEVEN of them are here. I wish we would have had more time with Kamber, but she is our inspiration to do all we can to return to our Heavenly Father. I can't wait to see her again, but for now we will focus on getting the other grandkids closer to her everyday. I have a saying in my laundry room that says, "Grandchildren are God's reward to Grandparents for not killing their kids." Boy is that true!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hello Teri! I love that saying, I was laughing out loud. I am sorry that Sundays are so hard for you. I am glad you are trying to be strong and I think you are stronger than you realize. Sometimes we can't always see how strong or how well we are doing getting through life.

Thanks for your sweet post; I always knew I was welcome at your house and I know what you mean about it sending your kids off to someone else so you could babysit and occasionally teach other peoples kids.
I love this picture of all of your grandkids; too cute!

That is a great picture of Jen and Ethan below; they are just amazing! Their strength and perseverance is just outstanding!