Thursday, September 24, 2015

Missing My Dad

I was in my sewing room working on a little project when Trulie came in from pre-school and wanted to go swimming.  I gave her all the excuses I could think of why we couldn't get in the pool, until I finally just gave up and took her out. I was surprised at how refreshing it was even though I lose my desire to swim when Fall comes.  Yesterday I had a rough day mood wise.  This is the first year I haven't had fresh squash, pumpkins, tomatoes and corn stalks from the White Mountains. I was missing my Dad and the longer the day went on, the sadder I got. I know my Mom is struggling being alone but doesn't want to leave her home and the memories she has there. I totally understand that after spending almost three weeks in Montana. There is no place like home and I know that is where all her memories are. She has lost her courage when it comes to driving and going places she used to go when Dad was there waiting for her. She is coming over tonight to watch the girls play volleyball, so that will be fun for her. Rich is going up to Utah next week for his missionary reunion and the next week I'm going to the beach with Candi and B.J. and the boys.  I have been really excited about this trip for a few weeks since they invited me. They have some fun things planned like going to Disneyland for the Trick or Treat with Mickey.  I don't really like Disneyland and I wonder how I'll do getting around but hopefully I can make it through it. I love watching the waves and feeling the cool breeze on my face at the beach, so I'm looking forward to that.

No comments: