Friday, September 18, 2015

Ballgames and Fabulous Friday

When I was a kid it seemed like forever between Christmas and my birthday but as I get into the senior citizen category time seems to be speeding up. This week has gone by so fast I can't believe it. It seems like the days just speed along with Rich getting up at 4:00 a.m. and hasn't been getting home until late in the evening. If I didn't have my kids and grand kids around I would be alone 95% of the time. It's fun that the kids are playing sports because is breaks up the days and gives me something to do. I'm also working on a couple of sewing projects and helping with Fabulous Friday tonight. Our ward seems to like it better on Friday night instead of all day Saturday, so it will be nice when it's all over tonight.  We have some yummy food planned and really fun projects to work on. Mindi and I were going to try and make some painted Kerr jars but couldn't get the paint to look good, so we gave up. Tristyn has a volleyball tournament today and tomorrow so it's a good thing the painted jars didn't work out. The weather is finally cooling off a little bit. We should be under 100 degrees in a couple of weeks and then instead of exercising in the pool I will be able to start riding my bike. It's been really hard because I've gained a few pounds since my Dad passed away in January. I know I'm an emotional eater and feel the void with may favorite treats. I have to just be glad I didn't get into the drug, alcohol and tobacco because I would hate to try and battle those demons. I know everyone has things about themselves they struggle with, I'm just really tired of the fight with food. I hope when I get to the other side I will be able to overcome that trial and be at peace with myself.

No comments: