Saturday, September 5, 2015

Let The Games Begin

Sometimes it feels like "Groundhog Day" around here but at least we have been under a hundred degrees for a few days.  This week was busy with volleyball, football, and shopping.  Tristyn had her first game on Monday night and Trace his first football game on Wednesday.  I'm hoping to make it to the Larsen girls' games when they play closer to home. This week as I was at the grocery store I bought some sweet corn to cook for Sunday dinner. This is the first summer I haven't had fresh squash and corn from the garden my Dad and Mom would grow in the White Mountains. It's funny how your brain pulls up memories that remind you of someone who has passed away. I do that a lot with Kamber too, where I will see something that reminds me of her. Last week a friend came over for lunch.  She is a single lady that takes care of her Mom who is losing her memory. I know it is so stressful for her and as we talked I was grateful that my Mom is still doing well and is able to take care of herself. Sometimes she seems a little bit confused and tells me the same thing about ten times, but I'm just thankful to still have her to talk to. It's tough getting older and becoming one of the senior citizens of the world. My friend said something that I had been thinking all week and that is after our parents are gone, it will be us next in line to cross over. That's a little bit scary but I sure hope to be able to get out of here before I get so useless that my kids have to take care of me. I know Dad was adamant that if he became too sick that he needed major care, he wanted to leave, and he did. The other side has to be better than what's going on now doesn't it?

No comments: