Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Surgery Is Behind Me

On Saturday we re-homed some more of our critters. After talking to a friend of mine who is licensed with the AZ Fish and Game, she suggested I give them to a rescue instead of sell them to someone that might eat them. The nicest girl came and got the 4 ducks, 2 turkeys and a large tortoise. We are feeling good about simplifying our lives.
Yesterday morning my sister took me to the hospital where I had surgery on my hand. In the waiting room there was a man waiting to have hip surgery. He has had lots of challenges having vocal chord surgery 3 weeks ago, 2 or 3 knee surgeries and his hip. He was all alone and after a two day stay in a hospital he will then go to a care facility until he is able to take care of himself. He had the best attitude and was just thankful to live in this country. He had been in the military where he had played football and basketball and was a proud veteran. As I listened to him it made me wish that I was more like him with an optimistic attitude about life. My surgery went well and it is good to be home where I have a support system and friends and family that came to visit and even brought treats. My visiting teacher is bringing dinner tonight which is so appreciated because I only got about 2 hours of sleep dealing with a bad headache and trying to keep my arm elevated. I'm so glad to have this behind me and now I am trying to figure out how to get to Montana to see Spencer and his family. I am still weighing out all of my options like when to go and how to get there. I need to feel good about my decision and I believe I will receive inspiration what is in my best interest.

No comments: