Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Stitches Out

I was so happy yesterday when I went to the surgeon and they took the stitches out of my hand. By Monday night it was hurting so bad I was almost in tears. The stitches were pulled so tight it was causing me some extreme pain.  I haven't felt the same since I had surgery. I feel kind of goofy in the head and my sleeping is different. I'm dreaming really hard and remembering my dreams.  The first night after surgery I was awake  most of the night. Something happens in my brain when I go under sedation that messes with my sleep patterns. As I was lying in bed thinking, it dawned on me that I have been in a very dark place since Kamber drowned. I took an inventory of the other adversities I've had in the last seven years and it's no wonder I've been depressed. How many times do you get kicked in the head before you start giving up and becoming hopeless? I was talking to someone close to me about all my challenges and he said, "You can't do anything about these trials, they are in the past and they are gone.  Let's get you excited about something, try and get you to look forward not backwards." I felt truth for the first time in a while. I can't do anything about the challenges I was given but maybe learn from them and be thankful for my blessings. It is always so much easier for me to see the bad things going on in my life than realize how blessed I am. My life has been full of ups and downs just like everyone else and I Hope to be able to start looking onward and upward because living in the past in not really living.

No comments: