Thursday, May 2, 2013

Hives, Carpel Tunnel and Kidney Stones?

A couple of weeks ago I broke out in hives on my arms and fingers. While I was trying to find a solution for that problem my carpel tunnel started acting up and my right hand was numb, swollen and felt like it was going to blow up. Then yesterday Rich started having symptoms of trying to pass a kidney stone. What the heck? Are we being punished for something or just two old farts coming down with one ailment after another? I haven't ever passed a kidney stone but they say it is the second most painful thing next to childbirth. Since I had five pregnancies, Rich has a few more to pass before we are even. The first one he passed was almost twenty years ago. I remember I was at the mall with a friend when I got a call that he was in the hospital. By the time I arrived they had him hooked up to an IV with morphine in it and he was feeling pretty good. He got so bad last night and then again this morning I was ready to call an ambulance and have them take him for some more morphine. I finally got him to take some pain pills we have and made him start drinking some ginger ale to stop the nausea. We have promised to take my Dad up to the White Mountains to get the water and power turned on in their little cabin the first week in May. I have been praying so hard that Rich would get better because Dad has his heart set on going home and seeing his sister who's birthday is Monday. After lots of prayers and a Priesthood Blessing, I think he's on the mend. I'm crossing my fingers that the pain doesn't start up again because we have a ten hour car ride to get through tomorrow. It will be fun to get away up to the high country and the pine trees and  have some time with my parents. We never know when our lives will change in an instant and someone will leave this earth. Now the bad part is we have to be on the road at 6:15 a.m. and I'm not a morning person, but for my parents I guess I will have to be one tomorrow.

No comments: