Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day 2013

We are celebrating Memorial Day the Larsen way. Since the kids were little, Rich has made every holiday a day to get things done around the house. He is so busy with his job and there is so much to do around the house, we have always had a project to do on the holidays. We have a couple of guys putting the roof back on Mindi's house that blew off and Dave is putting in a new stereo out by the pool. I haven't seen Rich yet, but I'm sure he's doing something in the garage or barn. The Boston Larsens have arrived home and boy was it fun to spend some time with them yesterday. We had dinner and then met up with the extended family at the cemetery, something we have done for a long time. We are getting so big we almost need a crossing guard to get across the streets while decorating graves. This year has been hard because of the passing of Lance Craig, my nieces husband. As we were coming home from the cemetery I told Rich how sad I am for Mary. I remember the first few years after Kamber passed away how my heart felt like it was going to explode with anger and sadness. I can honestly say that I feel some closure and acceptance about her death. Five years has gone by and the sting is finally going away and I can just be thankful for the two years we had with her. I'm thankful for my testimony that there is life beyond the grave and we will see those loved ones who have gone before us again. I'm also thankful for all those who have served our country in the military who keep us free, and know of the sacrifice they have made for us. I am truly blessed.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love all your pictures, and I love your sweet family, everyone of them--thanks for sharing