Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye to 2012

Today is the last day of 2012. I'm always glad when the calender flips over to a new year. It seems like I have the same emotions year after year about starting fresh. This year I will try and do better at eating healthier and losing weight. I will be more diligent in reading my scriptures, saying my prayers and going to the temple. I will try and think more positively and be less judgemental about others and myself. Yesterday was the last 8:00 a.m. church for two years. Yeah! On our way home Rich was teasing me about something he thought was funny that was hurtful, not humorous. Sometimes I come home from church feeling worse than when I went. Some of the lessons are more geared to young families who are raising their kids. Rich and I already had our chance and are well aware of all the things we did wrong. It's hard to listen to suggestions on how to raise the perfect family when I don't believe there are any perfect ones. As I talked to a family member yesterday about some of my beliefs, I realized that we all have our agency to do what we want. Just because I think something to be true, doesn't mean others do. I don't know what this year will bring. I am hopeful that my Dad will rally with his cancer treatment and be with us for another year. We are desperately hoping that he will be around when Lennie and Julie get home from their mission in July. I hope Spencer will be healed enough to play football again if he gets the chance. Rich and I have missed our time watching him play in the NFL. We were blessed with a new grand baby, number seventeen. This will probably be the end of our posterity for now, so we are so thankful for baby Dane. Tomorrow when I wake up it will be another year, another year without Kamber but with the knowledge that she is where she is suppose to be, with those who love her as much as we do here. Goodbye to 2012 and welcome 2013!

No comments: