Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Decorating for Christmas

                    The wild kids in front of the tree
          Dally Dog was sick so he slept the whole party
                       Trulie with a Santa hat
              Reagan eating her cupcake
Reagans Quilt

I worked all last week trying to get my Christmas decorations up. Rich worked putting the lights on our house on Saturday. I helped a little bit, but don't dare get up on the roof or a ladder. Last night as we were sitting in the dark in our family room watching t.v. I thought, "why are we killing ourselves to decorate this house when we sit here in the dark?" I felt overwhelmed and discouraged yesterday when I got up. I wondered where to start. What is the most important thing to do right now? Rich mentioned the other night as he was putting our tree together that it seemed like we just did this. Is that a sign of "old age" when it seems like groundhog day everyday? The weeks are going by faster and faster and there are so many things I want to do but feel like I'm running out of time. Sunday we went out to Ethan and Jenn's to celebrate Reagan's first birthday. The house was decorated so cute and the food so yummy. It's always fun when the kids and grand kids get together. We miss Spencer and Annie who are so far away in Boston but hope they will be home soon. I have three quilts I need to get done by Christmas, with a waiting list for after the holidays. When I get sad I just go in my sewing room and start a quilt, it seems to be therapy for me, trying to create something with fabric. I wonder what others do that helps them cope with the stresses of their lives. I do love this time of year where the music and lights are everywhere, I know it will be over faster than ever and I will be putting everything away and wondering why I do this.

No comments: