Monday, October 11, 2010

Hoping for a Better Day

We had a really busy weekend so today I'm paying for it big time. On Saturday we attended Kylie's baptism and baby Max's blessing. It was a nice day outside and we went over to Ethan and Jenn's for a luncheon. It was the first time I have been dressed up since my surgery. It was only the third time I had even had a bra on. Then yesterday I got up and went to church. I made it through most of the meeting until my hip started talking to me and I had to have Dave bring me home. It was also Trent's birthday so Mindi had a little family party for him last night.
This morning my parents came over to help me get my laundry and dishes done. As I was doing my exercises with my Dad I began to cry. I told him how much I underestimated the amount of time it would take to get "back to normal." I'm wondering now if I will ever be able to go do the things that I did before my poor little hip gave out. At times I get so discouraged because I'm afraid my trips to the mall might be over. I know Mindi is getting tired of feeding the animals by herself and doing all the cooking and shopping. I don't blame her, it is overwhelming for sure.
As I try and walk without my walker I think of all those who have been injured that have to work so hard to walk again. I have always been a strong athletic person but this has kicked my butt, at times I feel like I'm making progress and then at other times I feel so weak and helpless.
Mindi came in this morning and told me that the dogs had dug into the cage and killed my baby rabbit. That has kind of ruined the day for me. If I don't have the dogs here the coyotes jump the fence and kill my chickens, but if I have the dogs here they kill anything that gets out. I don't have an answer for that problem yet, I guess it is to get rid of everything.
Tomorrow is exactly four weeks since my surgery. Hopefully it will be a better day for all of us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If it makes you feel any better, I have not worn a bra in over a year.... one of the benefits I guess.
You are doing so good, hip replacement surgery takes time to recover from, give yourself another 4 weeks and you will be like brand new, shopping at the mall for christmas and putting this all behind you.
Got your thank you card, thanks you are thoughtful and sweet love ya