Friday, November 27, 2009

This Turkey Is Tired

My parents with some of the food.

This is all of our desserts. Not a very good picture though.

Can I just tell you I am soooo tired! I feel like I've been hit by a truck. We had around 50 people over for Thanksgiving dinner. I like having it at my house because it forces me to get things done that need to be done for years, but it really wears me out. I have noticed that the older I get the harder it is to get things done, but at my age I'm lucky to get anything accomplished. We had so much good food and I couldn't believe the pies. As my family were coming in and bringing the food they were assigned, they just kept bringing in pies. I had to take a picture of all the food because it looked so pretty. I really have the best family. The kids, grand kids and the cousins have so much fun and they are getting old enough to just let them play outside. It helped that the weather was 81 degrees. Last year the girls all went and ran the Turkey Trot, the rest of us went and watched. It was in honor of Kamber. This year it was too hard for the girls to train, Ethan had spent two nights in the Emergency Room with bad stomach pains and Candi was feeling sick also. Mindi exercises all the time but with her four kids it is hard for her to run 6 miles. Then there is me, my poor little arthritic hip had a hard time just getting out of the car and walking to the finish line. Anyway, this year Jenn ordered the cutest shirts with Kamber's picture on them and we did our first "Kamber Larsen Turkey Walk" after everyone left. I made it most of the way but I think the kids had fun riding their bikes and rollerblading. I hope by next year I will be walking better. I'm so thankful for the family I was born in to. My parents are such a good example to me and I know they love me no matter what faults I have. I struggle with some of my relationships in my family and I know they are brought on by my personality flaws, but I hope in the end my Heavenly Father will forgive me of my shortcomings and let me be with my family and Kamber in Heaven.
This is the back of the darling shirts.Our first annual "Kamber Walk".

No comments: