Saturday, November 21, 2009

"Endure to the End"


Kamber and Troy about the same age


Last week as I got ready to run errands with Mindi I went down to her house to see how much longer she was going to take getting ready before we would leave. As I got in her family room Troy was sitting stark naked on her couch watching Einsteins. I said, "Troy what are you doing naked?" He just smiled at me with his little "no teeth" grin so I proceeded to grab his clothes off Mindi's bed and dress him. As I went to put his socks on, I looked at his feet and they looked just like Kamber's the day we dressed her at the mortuary. It was such a sweet, but sad memory for me and I had a few tears roll down my cheek. Troy is about the same age and size as Kamber was when she passed away and is just about as "naughty" as she was. It's weird how the grieving process is, some days I do fine but there are days that I just don't seem all there. I was reminded this week by my friend that it takes two full years for the grieving process to be complete, and even then I know we will have hard days. The holidays are the worst. Rich and I were talking the other night before we went to bed and I said, "this will be the second Thanskgiving and Christmas without Kamber." At times it seems like this has all been a bad dream and nothing really happened, that maybe there really wasn't even a Kamber in the first place. But, then I come back into reality and feel all the pain, sorrow, heartache and loss all over again. I know this life is full of trials and pain, and I know that our family isn't the only one going through hard times. I know that Kamber is with our Heavenly Father and that gives me peace. I know she loves her family and that we love her. At this Thanksgiving season I am so grateful for the gospel and the knowledge that we will see her again and be united as a family. Without that it wouldn't be worth it. As my friend told me this week, "we are asked to Endure to the End, but there is no End, so that just means we need to Endure."

No comments: